Achievement Approval

This is definitely worth developing. Our Cub Scout pack moved over to Trooptrack from CubTrails and this was one of CubTrails best features. Parents could login and mark achievements complete. It would then show up for the child’s den leader with alerts to review them. The den leader would have to mark them okay before they would show up for the advancement coordinator.

I don’t think this is critical as 95% of our parents are really good and only marking truly completed achievements but it was a nice protection against the few that seemed to get 3 months worth of achievements done in a couple weeks :slight_smile: There were also a few times where things were mistakes and it was unintentional.

I definitely vote for this option.

2 Likes

This has more than enough support for development so I’ve written out a report, attached a link to this thread, and have added it to our enhancements list.

Thank you!

5 Likes

As part of this idea, it would seem that once the achievement has been approved, the system would freeze the dates. As it stands in the current system anyone with access to record an achievement can also change the dates. While this is good for correcting errors, if there is some sort of approval / validation, there needs to be a way to lock that information down.

2 Likes

Did anything ever happen with this? The last update seems to be about 6 months ago. Our troop is evaluating TroopTrack and this would allow scouts and possibly their parents to edit their achievements, freeing up tons of work for the few leaders that do this currently.

There was mention of an attached link being added to this thread, but I don’t see one anywhere. Thanks!

1 Like

There are a few other things we need to develop before I push for this one, but this is on the todo list.

We are also interested in this. We are currently evaluating programs and that is a feature in scoutbook we like.

1 Like

I would like a compromise.

Allow scout/parent to record the individual progress items, but only allow restricted access to the actual completion/award/recognized info.

This would allow them to keep track of the individual requirements, but restrict the recording of the actual completion data only to approved access/leaders.

3 Likes

We’d love to have this feature as well.

1 Like

I like that compromise a lot. That’s all I really need.

1 Like

SRUEDU? As in Slippery Rock University?

Class of '07

Nope! As in the name of our homeschool. :wink:

We’ve finally added it! :smiley:

1 Like

Is there a different name for the MAP (privilege) for AHG troop users?

When I go to the Manage > Members > Privileges page, I only find “Edit achievement records” and “Manage own outside participation” related to updating achievement records… not “Manage achievements”.

I turned on the provisional option on the troop settings page and logged out and back in.

AHG Troops have a Manage Awards privilege. However, on second look, that’s not the correct privilege here. I’ll correct my post. The privilege you need is the “Edit achievement records” privilege. So, the EARP. :slight_smile:

Sorry about that!