Tracking Who Signed Off a Requirement

When we sign off items in a scout’s handbook, or on a blue card, it’s very easy to track who signed off the requirement. Just look at the initials, and you know who approved it. I haven’t found an indicator in troop track that will show me who signed off a requirement that is recorded in a scout’s record. It seems like a relatively easy thing to add the ID of the user who signed off a requirement as being complete. Why hasn’t this been added?

18 Likes

We too would like to see who is signing off on badges. It also helps us when a leader signs off in TT but not their handbook. Then the girls know who to go back to for the “legit” signature.

1 Like

I really like this idea.

This would be great!

Yes please. Sometimes its me, but I don’t remember.

I would also like this feature, and the ability to change who is tagged, with the default being yourself.

1 Like

Please add this.

Scoutbook tracks it by logged in user…

Great idea! Would be useful at the Cub Scout level too!

An audit trail would be very helpful! Please include soon.

I simply put initials in the note box

I agree. Knowing who posted it would be helpful.

Hello! Coming from a Pack who used Scoutbook to a Troop who is using TroopTrack, this is an extremely valuable feature. Would love to see this as we have multiple actors taking action for the achievement flow, including Scouts. Thanks!

HI everybody,

First I’m sorry that no-one has responded to these requests. I’ll go ahead and get them over to our tech team because these are great ideas!

David Keener
TroopTrack

1 Like

Thanks David. I would really like to have a way to do this.

Nate

This would be awesome! Thank you, @Keener-Trooptrack!!

Hi everyone,

This has been added into the TroopTrack system, so now when you go into a users profile and click “achievements” you’ll see the section of “recorded by”. This allows you to see who recorded the provisional progress.

Also when provisional progress is sent in there’s a section titled “proposed by”. This section tells who sent in the provisional progress.

Thanks for the suggestions,

David Keener
TroopTrack

1 Like

Hi David,

I went on to TroopTrack just now and did not notice any difference when I signed a scout off for a requirement, or what you referenced under achievements. Can you tell me what I might be missing?

Thanks,

Nate Brauner

Hi @NateBrauner,

When you click on the user’s profile (Ct-55 in the case of my screenshot), then click “achievements” you’ll now see a column that says “recorded by”. That column will show who approved the provisional progress.

Next, you can approve completions by clicking “achieve”, and “approve completions”.

Then you’ll notice the column of “proposed by”

The “recorded by” will put the name of whoever approved the completion when provisional progress is submitted or whenever a leader (with correct privileges) marks that an award has been completed.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thats great when Provisional Progress is used. Is it possible to expand the feature more so any completion that is marked by leaders is also tracked?

I see. Thanks. What about the individual achievement that get signed off for the ranks or the merit badges. Can this be done for those as well? They are just as important.

Thanks,

Nate