Achievement Approval

Is there a way to allow a parent or other member to enter achievement progress but force a leader or someone with adequate permission to approve/accept?

Thanks

14 Likes

I definitely like the idea of requiring a leader to approve/accept final completion. I.e. Even if a parent fills in all the needed requirements, the achievement won’t show as 100% complete* without leader approval.

*or maybe it shows as “100% pending”

5 Likes

I’m not sure that this would be ideal for our unit. If this became available I would like the ability to opt out. I’m most likely old fashion, but in addition to the records in Troop Track I also keep all source documents on our scouts achievements, blue cards, notes from assistant scout masters, e-mail from a parent, progress sheets from summer camp etc. That way if a question pops up because I entered the data wrong, we have the source document to refer back to. By the way I am an accountant by trade. We have only three or four leaders who have access to update Troop Track, because we want to have that level on control. I understand that doesn’t work for everyone, but it makes me happy.

2 Likes

Hi @cambro2024,

Currently no, this is not a feature. I see this post has already gotten some commentary and I want to keep it up. If we are going to develop this or any other feature, we need to know that people want it and agree on how it should work.

Thank you!

1 Like

We’d love this feature. Currently, our parents have permission to enter badges but they are on the honor system as far as not marking off as recognized. It would be fabulous to have a feature like this where we could let parents enter it, but then leaders could see that they need to recognize it as completed once the girl presents the award! It would give the leaders a head’s up that the badge needs to be presented.

2 Likes

I like this idea! I have a few families who have eager badge earners, but I would like the leader to be able to have a conversation to verify that the girl has done the work before we “sign-off” on completion as we use TT to compile our troops shopping list for badges and don’t want to order more than what has been confirmed (some of my leaders are less frequent on TT and some of my parents more).

3 Likes

LOVE THIS IDEA! We have some many AHG girls (over 70), and it would be much easier if the parents could input their badge information and the Leader or other designated person would only need to review and approve. This is how our Cub Scout’s do it in ScoutBook and it is awesome.

4 Likes

LOVE this a million times!!!

I agree that the parents should be enter (that’d be a privilege girls or adults could get or not) and leaders should be allowed final approval. Just like parents initialing/dating the little lines in the book and the leader signing off on the badge once completed - but electronically.

A page that allows the pending ones to show up for a unit (like the badge book page) would be helpful for having it in one place so when it’s time to do presentations etc, the leader isn’t all over :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is an awesome feature idea . I did mention this one a while ago before the community… but would still love to see it in action. It would also be helpful to make it award specific. For example, NOVA awards are only allowed to be signed off by specific pre-approved pack leaders. SuperNOVA awards must be signed off by registered Council SuperNOVA mentors. I am a huge supporter of this feature,

2 Likes

Awesome Idea. I was actually hoping this was a feature. Also a great idea to be able to opt out on it

1 Like

Awesome idea! This would allow us to encourage the parents and families to be on top of their own record-keeping instead of putting all of the work on the shoulders of one or two people. Anything we can do to give parents more of a reason to use TroopTrack on their own is a chance for them to get excited about TT AND Scouting in general.

1 Like

Interesting use off the “Recognized” check box. We currently use it to indicate a parent has paid for the award, if needed, so can’t use it for marking that the girl has presented the info to her leader/unit. (Which leads me back to my desire for MORE award CHECKBOXES!)

LOVE the idea of a page showing all the pending ones, kind if like the service stars page where leaders can just click the Add 1 Star link.

1 Like

Agree with this!! It keeps everyone accountable! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love it, I would have never thought to use it the way you guys do! We’ve done invoicing the long way by creating invoices and marking them paid by hand. I’ve just started using the TT Money feature to replace creating all those individual invoices. :slight_smile:

Great idea for Venturing, which is youth-led. Youth run the Boards of Review for most awards. As Advisor, I would like some final oversight, though.

1 Like

This is an idea that our leadership would like to see developed. A competing product has this feature and it is what almost swayed us in that direction. In the end, TT offered more value for us financially, but adding this feature would be great.

1 Like

This is a very good idea. It would allow the boys to have responsibility to track what they are doing instead of or in addition to using their books and the ability to see their progress. Requiring leader approval to finalize is very important to us.

2 Likes

Fabulous idea! Many parents and Scouts that want to be able to enter the work that has been done at home, especially for family outings and events. It does of course need to be validated by a Leader, so an approval process would need to be added in.

Not to endorse competition, but this is one of the highlighted features of Scout Book that Leaders and Parents are raving about. It allows the parents and Scouts to be more involved in the Achievement process and gives a sense of completion - kind of like checking off that box when a task is complete.

1 Like

We definitely need something like this. Additionally, once an achievement is completed, it would be nice to “freeze” it so that the average user cannot go back and edit any of the details. Obviously, some privileged accounts should still be able to edit it.

1 Like