Beta public website - control the page background colour?

The Beta website is super cool. BUT can I change the page background colour ?

Dark text on dark backgrounds doesn’t work well for some people, I know that I can change the font colour to white (on dark background) - but then I can’t read it when I want to edit the text.

Or do you have any suggestions to increase the contrast of th text-page colour ?

I haven’t seen a way to change the background color. I would like to see more robust options for editing the public website.

-Scott

Hi Gary,

You may need to fiddle with some html. which you can access by clicking the “source” button on the edit menu. The html you put in should look similar to this:

<style>
body {background-color:lightgrey;}
</style>

This site is a great resource for more info into html!

Hope this helps!

• Coleman
1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, I added the code into the page and it appeared to change the background colour within the edit page. I opened a separate browser and went directly to the public url, but the colour was still the wrong one. I refreshed the page with no joy. Any ideas ?

I added the html you suggested into the page, it now looks like:

If you want more information or you want to register for full website access, please click here to send an e/mail to Troop 360.  Alternatively call Phil Sorrell (248-672-9209) for more information.

Trooptrack is adding this html code into the public facing web page:

If you want more information or you want to register for full website access, please click here to send an e/mail to Troop 360. Alternatively call Phil Sorrell (248-672-9209) for more information.

BUT it is going into the section of the page not the section of the page. Is this why it is being ignored ?

Hi Gary,

Your reply seems to be missing a few things, I’m not quite sure what issue you are running into :slight_smile:

• Coleman

Coleman, please take a look at http://t360.trooptrack.com

• specifically the “Contact Us” page which is way too dark. If you look at the source, you see that I added some html code to control the background colour but the code is stripped out on the final page when it is saved. Any ideas how to control the background colour of the page ? Thanks.

@gary.walling,

Hi Gary, I like your site. Nice to see another Michigan troop on the board. Plymouth area here…

What tool did you use to design your site? I like the buttons and all. I’m familiar with HTML from days long ago.

Any hints on how we can improve our site?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, it is TT using the Beta Website - I had to log a call and they set me up with it and it’s really easy to add the photos. BUT as you can see, I’m having some issues controlling the page background colour. (we’ll get it fixed) I am updating it as I get five minutes here and there.

@gary.walling,

Thanks Gary, I wasn’t aware of the beta website. Might have to look into that once things get straightened out.

Scott