Checklists - what do you use them for?

Checklists: please give me examples of what you’ve used them for. (I’m in an AHG troop, but will take ideas from anyone.) I remember years ago when they were introduced but I ran into issues when I first tried using them, so walked away and didn’t look back. Until now. Because they sound like they could be really useful…

Also, am I understanding them correctly – each “checklist” can have lots of people, but can have only ONE item for those people to each check off? and they get a separate email for each checklist you create?!?

I was thinking for example how lovely it could be at re-registration time in late-summer/fall, to make a checklist of what paperwork is due. But am I correct in thinking I can’t have a “registration forms” checklist where each family has multiple checkboxes – one per form – to complete? Instead would I need to create a separate “checklist” for every form? And families would get an email for every checklist? …Maybe this is why I walked away before…

Funny, I don’t remember writing this first message 3 years ago! I’d still (or again, now that I’m again trying to use checklists) like to see some answers if anyone has info to share. :grinning:

Really interested in the answer here as well. How are folks using checklists and what are they for?

This week, I set up 3 checklists to help keep track of people’s AHG training.

Because it is difficult and time consuming to track training in AHG family for the 47 leaders in our troop, I created checklists for AHG Foundations, BEST Practices, and UL training.

I added only the people who needed to complete each training, then I “published” the checklist, which sent an email to everyone on the checklist.

In the checklist description, I instructed them to either mark their own training complete on the TT checklist, or email me when they completed it.

Once they email me or mark the checklist complete, I log in to AHG family to confirm that it was completed. Then I manually add the training to TroopTrack for that leader.

The benefit that I’m seeing with the checklist in this process is that I don’t have to keep a spreadsheet somewhere, and leaders can check their names off when completed. My plan is to check the status of each checklist weekly.

One thing that I’m noticing, @AaronStorey , is that I thought checklist reminders or notifications used to get sent to people in the weekly newsletter, but I didn’t see it this week.

Is there a way to tell the newsletter to include reminders from checklists?

Thanks!

I have never used Checklists so will reach out to Dave and see if something changed with his recent updates to Newsletters.

1 Like

Even though I am using checklists to track training at this time, I wouldn’t have to do this if I could export training data as a csv from AHG family. :{

But that does not seem to be on their radar, so I am grateful to have this checklist feature for now.

1 Like