Co-Leader Multiple Roles

I have a multi-level Troop Daisy - Senior. I am a co-leader with multiple Roles (e.g. Daisy/Brownie leader, Treasurer). I am listed in Unassigned, because I cannot be linked to multiple levels. Also, cannot assign myself multiple roles. Do I need to create multiple entities of myself?

This has come up in the past, you are correct a single User account cannot be assigned to multiple levels. There are two work arounds, as you said create multiple user accounts with different e-mail addresses and login with each different account for the specific level you need to access, or have full top level privileges to your whole groups TT account. That is the easiest way to do it however not everyone likes the idea of having so many with top level access to everyone. Do a search for leader in multiple Dens, Patrols, Units and add you support of the feature to allow a user to be assigned into multiple levels.

Hi @msxcary,

I want to understand this issue more.

I was able to pull up your account from your email address, and saw that you have the highest level access, and many privileges enabled.

If you click your username, click “my profile” , then “leadership” you’d be able to assign yourself other leadership positions such as “treasurer”.

What are you wanting to do that would require you to need to be linked to multiple levels?

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Correct David. For those of us with multi-level troops, we may be troop leaders of both juniors and cadettes, as an example. So it would be ideal to be able to list TL for more than one level.

I think it would help David if you could give a specific example of something you can’t do because 1)you are in the unassigned patrol or 2)you can’t put Troop Leader in twice on Leadership positions. For example (for #1), to invite the Junior patrol to an event, you must have to click the Patrol name and then also the Leader’s name.

Hi @Keener-Trooptrack,

It would be nice to be able to assign leaders to multiple units. It would feel a lot safer than having to give them troop access.

Times when it would help to be able to do this:

1. Depending on your TroopTrack settings, you might not receive emails if an email goes out to one of your units that you are co-leading, if you are in the Unassigned patrol.

(If you have a daughter in those units, and you have the Troop Track setting which cc’s parents when girls are sent emails, you would still receive the emails sent to the units. But if you are a co-leader in a unit and your daughter is not in that unit, you would not receive the emails.)

1. If you were filling a role for a unit that didn’t include your daughter, e.g., Level Award coordinator or Advancement Manager, you would need to be able to see the badge progress for girls in multiple units.

2. Or you won’t be on the RSVP list for that unit as a leader for any events that you may need to attend.

3. Or if a newsletter is sent out for a specific unit, you wouldn’t get it.