Controlling Access and Privileges

We imported our Scouts and Leadership, so the proper privileges were not set. What is the list of privileges that my Treasurer needs to effectively do his job. I can guess Unit access level and Manage Money, but what else? Do they need manage members to add and remove money accounts? Thanks.

I have given our AHG Unit Leaders access for ā€œunitsā€ and checked lots of the privileges boxes, but they see only themselves and their daughters on Troop Track. What am I doing wrong?

2 Likes

@KayCarlton You need to make sure that the Unit Leaders have the Level filled out under Registration Info.

1 Like

@HenryHohn, our Treasurer has Troop access since they are managing the whole troop and has ā€œAdd and Remove Money Accounts.ā€

Thank you, Adrianne. That was the problem for one of our leaders!

Can I restrict parents to editing only their own daughterā€™s achievements? I donā€™t see the global option under Troop Track Settings that was mentioned above. If I give a parent, not a leader, the ability to edit achievements, can they then edit all girlsā€™ achievements or only their daughters?

1 Like

I think I answered my own question. Under privileges, I have to restrict them to Household.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve done in the past, too. We have a ā€œSample Girlā€ or ā€œSample Leaderā€, etc. just for trying out new things before implementing.

I have Troop level access/privileges, but I do not see the edit button to be able to edit other memberā€™s privileges. Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m doing wrong. Thanks for your help! (AHG)

Try Manage > Members > Privileges

From here you can search for another memberā€™s name and click ā€œEdit Privilegesā€ on the right.

If you cannot access that page, you do not have the privilege called ā€œManage Privilegesā€ and you should ask your TC to add you. Assuming you are supposed to have that privilege. :slight_smile:

Access level and privileges are also different things. For example, a troop leader might a parent to be able to see all of their childrenā€™s accounts, events, awards, and so forth, but doesnā€™t want them to be able to change anything. Access level (self, household, patrol, unit, den, troop, whatever it is) only determines what you can see. Privileges determine what you can or cannot do with those users you can see. So a parent with household access and the privilege to edit achievements can edit his or her childā€™s achievements, but not those of the rest of the troop. Someone with troop level access can see everyone and everything, but cannot make changes unless the appropriate privileges have been added to that user.

I hope that makes a little more sense of the issue.

1 Like

I am having trouble changes the privileges of members of my troop. I have unit access but do not have the edit button that is referenced here. Any suggestions as to why this might be?

I figured it out. Thank you

Where is the answer to why when I add Unit access level it shows up as Patrol/Den? thanks

TroopTrack was initially created to be used with BSA scouting organizations, which uses the patrol/den terminology. When we later added support for other organizations, it refers to them as the equivalent level of hierarchy (but the wrong name) in some places on the website. We are working on getting this fixed. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience.

Is there a way to track the activity of a particular user? We need to see changes to the calendar and calendar reminders sent by one individual.
Also related, is there a report of user account logins by date and time, rather than just a total count? We need to see actual dates and what was done.

Thanks. V

2 Likes

There is not currently a way to track the things you mentioned, but it is a feature we are working on trying to add. I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Im inheriting TT management of our BSA troop. The user privileges and access levels are all messed up. what is the appropriate access and privileges for a Scout, a uninvolved Parent, an Involved Parent, Committee Member, Asst. Scoutmaster, etc.

Thatā€™s really up to the discretion of the troop. If you would like more clarification or anything, please give me a call at 817-203-2423 or send me an email at kelsie@trooptrack.com (the latter is usually easier).

Is there additional information on what each Privilege can do (i.e. ā€œManage checklistsā€? Thanks.

3 Likes