Copy parents' secondary email on all Scout emails

I have selected “Send copies of all emails sent to me to my secondary email address too,” and it works as expected when emails are addressed directly to me.

Our troop has selected “Copy parents on all scout emails,” but when someone sends an email to my Scout, it only copies my primary email address, not my secondary.

(Also, “Scout” should be capitalized. Sorry—I can’t turn off the proofreader part of my brain!)

Hi @ugarrda,

You can change this by clicking on your username, then “preferences” and a box will appear about your email preferences. From there you can check the box “of copy emails to my secondary account”.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Hi @Keener-Trooptrack,

Yes, I have set that preference—I noted it in my first paragraph. It only works when messages are addressed directly to me.

Thanks,
Dave

ah, correction. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I’ll try to see if I can find a pattern.

@Keener-Trooptrack is there a way to automatically set “Send copies to secondary email” on our participants’ accounts, rather than asking everyone to log in individually to set it?

Thank you!

Hello,
Curious if this feature - an administrator setting the “send copies to secondary email” on participants’ accounts" - is active now? Thanks

@RobertSpeicher,
No, there is no way for an admin to set the “send copies to secondary email” for others. This is considered a personal choice so will not be added as an admin function.
I am curious what the use case is for wanting this as a global setting, and why the setting would be used by a large number of people in your unit?

Use case would be to maintain 2-deep leadership when emailing minors. Setting it would help other leaders who may forget to include a parent or other leader on an email.

@ChristinaJohnson,
That scenario is taken care of by having the global setting to “Copy parents on all scout emails” enabled.

Was your solution to put the parents e-mail address as the secondary for a scout account and then select copy secondary email in their scouts account?

Ah! I think I’d missed that option. Yes, I had parents listed as secondary. Thanks!! :smiling_face: