Custom Mailing List Being Added Twice

There is a bug that is happening whenever I edit a custom mailing list.

When you click on “actions” and then “edit” you come to the mailing list edit page.

IF there is a checkbox for the same name in both the authorized sender column and the authorized receiver column as shown on this screenshot…

Capture1

… when you hit save, the mailing list will show up as an option twice in both the Email Module and the Text Message Module as shown in these screenshots…

HOWEVER, if the name is only checked in the authorized sender column and blank in the authorized receiver column when you hit save, then the mailing list only shows up as an option once in the Email Module and Text Message Module, as it should. It seems that TroopTrack autofills the checkmark in the receiver column after you hit save because when you go back into the edit page the name is checked in both columns…

Hi @JustinWeaver,

I tried recreating this issue on my test account and your account.

I went to your account, and marked the first person on the channel 13 list “ed” twice. Then I saved. When I looked at your lists on “send an email” and “send a text” I don’t see them twice.

Am I misunderstanding how to get this bug to happen?

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

I was not seeing this on my personal account. I have a test account where I can view an end user’s experience. I was logged in there.

Hi @JustinWeaver,

Could I have the name of that account so I can go in there and take a look at this issue? I only ask because I’m not able to recreate this on our test Troop so I want to take a closer look at what’s happening.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Sure! I just reactivated that account. It’s under TEST TEST.