Deleting photos

It has come to leadership’s attention that, although we have permission to manage documents and photos and settings at Troop level, we cannot seem to delete individual photos without deleting an entire album. Some families who are leaving our troop would prefer that photos of their children not be in Troop Track anymore, accessible to anyone in the future to see and potentially right click and save. Any advice on whether or not it is possible to delete individual photos is appreciated. I am the Troop Coordinator, and as such have the ability and permissions to do all functions, in theory. Thank you

Hi @ElizabethHigdon,

You can delete individual photos by clicking on the album and then changing the view to “list view” and clicking on “delete” below the photo.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Hello, is there a way to select certain photos to delete from an album? It is very tedious to go back and delete one by one. I do not want to delete an entire album.

I know I can delete the whole album and re-upload, but it would be nice to have more granularity in editing the uploaded photos. Thanks.

No there is currently no way to bulk delete some photos from an album. Perhaps post an Idea suggesting an edit screen with check boxes for photos in an album and then some bulk options one being delete.

My idea would be to provide selection boxes when in list view so as to be able to choose which photos to delete in bulk. @AaronStorey, is that something that the developer can incorporate relatively easily?

I don’t know how easy it would be for Dave to implement.

Hi @dave, what do you think about this feature request? What are the odds of having it implemented? Thanks.

@AlexanderZupanski I don’t think deleting photos is hard. Would you want a special privilege for that? I don’t think you want everybody able to delete them.

Hi Dave, I was thinking more along the lines of adding a checkbox selection in the List view for photos so that we can pick and choose which photos to delete and which ones to download. Right now this process can only be done one by one and it becomes tedious when needing to manage multiple photos. Many thanks.

Hi @dave … wondering if you think my suggestion is a good idea? Thanks!