Filtering by Joey/Cub/Scout/etc instead of by Six/Patrol/etc

It would be nice if we could filter by type (cub, scout, etc) rather than by group within each type. We have Cubs & Scouts in the same troop (that’s how it’s organised) so every time I want to look at my Cubs I have to select 5 sixes. Its gets a bit annoying.

1 Like

Hi Peter, Clinton here from 3rd Ringwood East (Vic), one of the requests I’d planned to make is to add a field for the “Sub-Section” (i.e. for Patrol or Six) in the member’s Registration area, for use on reporting, sorting etc.
The fact that you refer to needing to select multiple sixes, implies to me that you have set up your sixes as multiple Cub Sections, which was one proposal made to me when I complained about the system not recognising any Sub-Sections. I chose not to do this, as it was obvious to me that that was going to lead to problems, for example we want to see the Progress Reporting across the whole troop, not just a patrol.
I’d suggest what is really needed here is a dedicated Sub-Section field, then you put all your cubs back into one Cub Section.
The only reason I haven’t requested this yet, is because I have several other more pressing concerns at this point.

1 Like

Hi Clinton - yes, we have the sixes as sub-sections so we can see who is in which six. I don’t think there is any good way to handle things at the moment with the way it’s structured. But, like you say, there are many more pressing concerns… like Silver & Gold Boomerang award tracking being broken…