Invite PLC to events

When planning an event (PLC meetings), there is no easy way to invite your PLC to a meeting. The Leadership dropdown menu only includes adult roles ( SPL, ASPL, Patrol leaders etc. aren’t included).

You can invite patrols, or all adults, but the only way to invite your youth leaders is to manually select them from the list of members.

It would be nice to be able to click a box and invite all members of the PLC (as defined by the PLC magic mail list).

2 Likes

I assume you are using the new dynamic meeting invitations setting, without that enabled you are able to invite a Group which includes the Magic Mailing lists. Unfortunately the ability to invite from magic mailing groups did not make it over with the dynamic meeting invitations feature. I do believe this has been asked less specifically about PCL but just about the ability to invite based on those groups.

Dynamic meeting invitations is the default setting for newer Units. You may not have the option in settings to turn it off.

I’m not sure if it’s the “dynamic meeting” feature you are describing. I’m using the feature under the Plan menu called 'Meeting Schedules" where you can set up recurring meetings.

The fact that the Leadership Positions drop down menu (which allows you to choose positions to invite to the meeting) does not contain any of the common youth positions like SPL, ASPL, Patrol leader, quartermaster etc. If this menu contained the rest of the leadership positions, I wouldn’t need the magic mail lists available.

1 Like

Aaron, I am responding to an old thread but I am wondering if this feature exists anywhere.
We came over after SOAR and one of the great features was the ability to make “groups” similar to the way TT makes custom mailing lists. Once those groups were created, they could be invited to events. We previously used that for: PLC, High adventure trip groups, OA members, Life-to-Eagle scouts (coaching/encouragement list) and others.
I have an event that ported over via a download form SOAR that allows me to select groups. See screen shot.

The rest of my events do not look like that and I can not recreate this look. IS there a way to get there, to invite groups to events?

Thanks for the help

The imported events were using the old pre-dynamic invitation. As a new unit that is not an available option. I was actually just talking to Dave about the idea of allowing Custom Mailing Lists or Mailboxes to be used as groups for meeting invitations. He said he would think about how to potentially implement that. As of right now it is not possible.

1 Like

Would love to upvote this… Troops that migrated recently to TT are “SOAR-ly” missing this functionality. The groups concept goes beyond just custom mailing lists - also consider event invites, chatterboxes, privileges, etc.

https://community.trooptrack.com/t/groups-vs-patrols/13316

We tried treating groups like patrols in TT, but it created way too much clutter and chaos across the site in tables and reports (for example, sorting or grouping by patrol), so we reverted to strictly treating patrols as patrols and using manually maintained custom mailing lists.

A thought… could user-defined (freeform) configurable tags be tied to user profiles to key off functionality? E.g. I specify the tags “oa”, “committee”, “plc” tied to a user’s profile and they would automatically be added as options to custom mailing lists, chatterboxes, etc. later on?

2 Likes