Meeting schedules need a few more features

1. We have troop meetings on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month.
    I cannot create a single meeting schedule, because I can only pick one entry from the “Repeat monthly week” (and every two weeks is wrong).

2. We always have the TLC on the Thursday following the 1st troop meeting.
    This one is harder, but is essentially another pop-up selecting “after 1st weekday” of “MTWThFSS” … so the 1st Thursday after weekday Tuesday would ensure that if the 1st Thursday was the 1st of the month, then the actual date would be the 7th, since this is the 1st Thursday after a Tuesday.

(And in fact, we have many calendar events that are relative to the 1st Tuesday of the month… Like some Patrol meetings are 2nd & 4th Weds… so again, AFTER the 1st Tuesday.)

The last one give all calendar schedulers heartburn, but it saves the heartburn of the webmasters trying to explain why their patrol meetings are off by a week in the new month (where the 1st or 2nd of the month is a Thursday for example).

1 Like

Same here, for 1). Our meetings are 2nd and 4th Monday. So currently, we do one meeting scheduler for the 2nd and another for the 4th, and then choose monthly.

Unfortunately, we have 9 patrols that have similar schedules, so including the troop meetings, we need 20 “repeating” events.

Note: I wasn’t trying to give you a solution, @Eoin. I was just replying so the devs know that others support the idea too. I should have worded it differently.

Though clearly, my need to make TWO repeating events pales in comparison to what you have to do. :slight_smile:

Yes, thank you… I was elaborating why this is so painful for us.:slight_smile: