New Cub Scout Requirements

yeah, i’m not using the piece by piece 2016+ Ranks, only the Tiger/Wolf/Bear 2016+. try checking the third box, the one for cyber chip / parent safety, and see if you see a % tally.

I know things are always busy, but is there a plan and a timeline at TroopTrack that can be shared as to if and when the 2016+ adventure requirements will be directly tied to the 2016+ rank awards? I am having a few leaders / parents who are having trouble know how to use trooptrack with both awards and I end up getting awards being earned twice and it is becoming hard to track manually. I want to be able to make it simple for our leaders and parents and maintain data integrity. Thank you.

I second this!
It is hard to track the progress of each requirement and then once it is complete, enter it for the rank.
Frustrating! :rage:

1 Like

I appreciate the the 2016+ updates were entered and uploaded so quickly last fall but is there any chance they can be expanded out? For instance

Webelos/AOL Elective Adventure: Fix It (2016 +) reads
2: Be ready. With the help of an adult in your family, do the following: a. Locate the electrical panel in your home. Determine if the electrical panel has fuses or breakers. b. Determine what heat source is used to heat your home. c. Learn what you would do to shut off the water for a sink, a toilet, a washing machine, or a water heater. If there is a main shut-off valve for your home, show where it is located.

while Webelos/AOL Elective Adventure: Fix It:
2: Be ready. With the help of an adult in your family, do the following:
a: Locate the electrical panel in your home. Determine if the electrical panel has fuses or breakers.
b: Determine what sort of heat is used to heat your home.
c: Learn what you would do to shut off the water for a sink, a toilet, a washing machine, or a water heater. If there is a main shut-off valve for your home, show where it is located.

Each subpoint activity could be signed off individually before. This isn’t the only example, just the easiest to find.

Also, Webelos Elective Adventure: Art Explosion (2016 +) should be titled Webelos/AOL Elective Adventure: Art Explosion (2016 +).

Thanks.

Has there been ANY progress on this request? The School year is almost over and I have read that starting August of 2017 they will be mandatory.

1 Like

Yes, but nothing we can release yet. We are waiting on a few components.

That’s good news, can’t wait to see it! :grin:

Can you give us a date as to when this will be implemented? We are going to have boys moving ranks next friday and some of our boys start as early as June on their requirements. we had some major issues when we tried to switch the requirements in troop track in the middle of the year last time (user-related, not technical). It would be nice that when we set up the boys for their new rank and adventure requirements, we have that in place so that it does not have to be switched mid year. Thank you for your help in this.

1 Like

Can’t give you a date, but we’ve been swinging away at some of the bigger bugs (the biggest was the calculating issue that many users were having when using the bulk achievement feature, but we have a fix in place for that and and worked on a bunch of little bugs) and this is #1 on the agenda for our Monday morning meeting.

I’m not sure about everyone else, but summer camp season is right around the corner and it would be nice to not enter the data more than once. :angry:

Spencer actually fixed 2 of the 3 problems with cub scout awards already, but we need the final piece to be fixed before we can release it. He was working as fast as he could, but he just had a baby so he’s out for at least a week. This is the absolute #1 thing on our list right now.

Glad to hear it, and please tell Spencer congratulations on the new :baby:

1 Like

hello,

I was wondering if there there is an ETA on when the cub scout adventures will tie directly to the rank completion yet?

We’ve completed 2 out of the 3 big things for cub scouts. This should already be available and if not, it will be after the next release.

Cool. Do you mind if I ask what the 3 big things are and which two are
completed or to be completed? I get lost in all these different posts.

Thanks Matt,
Patrick

1. Default to 2016 - Done.
  2. Auto-apply adventures to 2016 rank - Done.
    (does not include things done with 2015 adventures. Those will have to be manually entered).
  3. Some 2016 adventures do not show up on the TurboNET Screen - Not Done.

Awesome! #2 is what I was looking for. Is that in production? If not,
do you know when it will be?

It is in production. I tested it out and it appears to work. For ones already marked as complete before the change, you may have to edit and save them for them to reinitialize and apply to the rank.

Let me know if you see any odd behavior.