No email getting sent for Sign Up Sheet

I created a sign up sheet today and published it. I had every member of the pack selected. Unfortunately no email was sent out. I started with an empty list of people, configured my sign up sheet, went back to add people, and then published.

I then tried creating a sign up sheet with my wife and I selected from the beginning. I configured my sign up sheet and then published, but still no email.

Hi @kfavro,

TroopTrack was down this morning for a bit of maintenance. During this time the email servers filled up with emails.

Emails are still being processed, but they may be a bit of a delay today with those emails being sent.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Hi David,

I’m opening this up again. I’m not sure what the expected behavior is:

1. Created a draft signup sheet
  2. Selected 2 people to start
  3. Added assignments and published the signup sheet
  4. 2 people received the signup sheet email immediately
  5. Edited the Signup Sheet and selected everyone from our Pack

Unfortunately, none of the people who were added in the second batch (after it was initially published) received an email.

I thought maybe we ran into the same issue as last time, where the email servers backed up, but then I realized that the first 2 people received their email immediately.

Should people added to a Signup Sheet after it was published receive an email?

Hi @kfavro,

When editing the event was the box of “send emails today” checked? If not, then emails won’t go out when updating people. I believe this is the issue, because when I checked that box emails went out after adding a few people to the signup sheet.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Hey David,

This is for a signup sheet, not an event. I’m not seeing an option in Signup Sheets to “send emails today”. I think that’s on an Event.

Can you try to reproduce using a Signup sheet?

Hi @kfavro,

The sign up sheet was where I wasn’t able to reproduce your error.

If you click on “communicate”, “sign up sheets”, then click on “actions” and “edit” for the one you want to go to. On the right you’ll see a list of names to add to the sheet. On the left you’ll see the description box and right above that will be the option to check “send emails today”.

Let me know if you’re seeing that. If not, then I can take a look at your account.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

My apologies! I was training someone else and they were actually running through this process. We missed that checkbox.

Thanks!

1 Like