I tested this feature between my workstation (Windows PC) logged in as my admin account and a phone (iPhone) logged in as my testing account.
When I post a chat text back and forth, there are still some notifications on the phone and web browser that would be helpful to see when the message is received.
Phone Notifications That Do Work
- Audible Sound Notification
- iPhone “Notification Center” Item
- Screen Wakes When Off
Phone Notifications That Do Not Work
- App Icon Badge Notification (the dot that appears on the app icon)
- In App Notification (Some sort of banner alert when you are inside the app regardless of what screen you are on)
Web Browser Notifications
- There are no notifications on the web browser. These needs added.
One item to just point out. I do not have an Android device to test these same scenarios on. The notification experience may be very different on that platform.