Sending an email to two custom mailing lists at once

Hi! I got the following receipt from an email I sent to a few custom mailing lists:

Message ID
Subject
Re: Campfire details
Mailing List
s*redacted*@gmail.com, w*redacted*@hotmail.com, asms@trooptrack.com, volunteers@trooptrack.com, spl@trooptrack.com
Valid Mailing List Recipients
The email was sent to the following members at the email addresses shown:

Andrea Herran: A*redacted*@gmail.com
Mac Herran: a*redacted*@gmail.com, F*redacted*@gmail.com, and A*redacted*@gmail.com

Does this receipt mean that this email was only sent to one of the custom mailing lists mentioned in the cc line of the original email and is therefore correct (meaning that I need to only include a single list in any correspondence from now on), or is the receipt somehow truncated and the real email was sent to more people than the single list’s recipients that were mentioned in the receipt?

Matt

Hi @MattHandley,

The confirmation email will show all the email addresses that were successfully sent to. I tested this on our test Troop and it sent to both lists.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thanks for the response.

I just tried this again and the confirmation email contained only a portion of the expected union of both mailing lists. Is it possible that cc’ing a group does not work in the same was as adding that group to the ‘to’ line of an email?

Matt

Hi @MattHandley,

If you’re sending from a third party email client, then you’ll need to include both lists in the to section.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack