User Not getting Emails

I have a member who says she is not getting emails. She has checked her spam folder and her email is correct. She previously received emails so I am wondering if maybe she unsubscribed.
If someone does this would it appear on the Communications Problems screen? If not, how would I see this and reset it for a user/member?

1 Like

I found if using the magic list for members, if the member did not have “registered member” checked in their profile, they did’t receive the email. Going in and checking the box for each member fixed all our missed emails.

1 Like

That is a great suggestion. Unfortunately, we have done a test email specifically to her and she didn’t receive it.
Also when I go to edit the profile information where it displays registered member I don’t have a check box for that anymore. I wouldn’t know how to change it anyway.

1 Like

Have you checked under Communicate - Settings - Communication Problems? If a message had bounced back to TT from this users e-mail for some reason it would be listed there and you can select to enable it if you know it should be working now.

I am having the same issue with one of our members.

1. I have checked and confirmed the correct email.
  2. I have resent her an invite to join TT (she did not receive).
  3. She has checked her spam folder
  4. I have sent her a test email (not received)
  5. I checked the “communication problems” and her information is accurate and up-to-date.

Any other leads?

Thank you,
Cheryl

I’m having the exact same issue with one of my members. Following…

I did the same thing and got the same results. I sent an email to support (with the user and her email.) They found that she had marked an email as spam at some point and so they needed to remove her from that list.
Their response time was over a week but they did fix it. Until I heard back from them I just forwarded every TT email I got to that user so they didn’t miss anything.

Thank you! I will try that!

I’m having a similar problem, only it’s for half of my users. Anytime a message is sent from one our authorized senders using an aol or gmail address, none of the users with a gmail address on the list receive it. Any thoughts? It’s not in spam. I receive it on my iCloud and outlook accounts. However, this is a mystery that I need to solve so that all critical messages don’t have to come from those with accounts that aren’t related to gmail or aol.

@AaronStorey do you have any thoughts? I’m hoping it’s not being filtered by google before it hits their inboxes, which is mine.

Just to see if I understand the problem so I can do some testing, this is only happening when an authorized external email address gmail.com or aol.com sends an e-mail to a group those recipients @gmail.com do not get the message?
When you send a message from within TT does everyone get it?

If any users send an email from within TroopTrack or from without with a gmail or aol address then those with gmail or aol do not get it. So that is more than half of my troop that doesn’t receive messages from those authorized senders. They have the same problem sending to a small group as well. As a person with an Outlook email address I received every message.

If I send it using my outlook email, then everyone gets it

@AaronStorey any thoughts or should I escalate this one somehow?

I have not had a chance to do any testing on this, I would suggest sending an e-mail to support@trooptrack.com. If you can give specifics in the e-mail as to what address your sending from, a couple of the addresses that don’t the the message, a particular message that has been sent recently, date, time, subject that should make it easier for them to look at any logs.

1 Like