Account Will Expire in x Days Banner, Who sees it?

I recently started seeing the “Your Account Will Expire …” banner. I’ve been getting emails from other members of the troop who are also seeing the banner. I have a test person set up in our account and when I log in as that person, the banner doesn’t show up - so clearly it’s not displayed for everyone.

So my question is, who sees the banner? Is it privilege based? If so, what privilege do you use to decide who sees it?

Hi @jjeffery,

Anyone who has the privilege of “edit Troop settings” will be able to see this, since they have the ability to click on the gear icon and manage the TroopTrack subscription.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

1 Like

We had a least one member, Anton Johansen who saw the banner, but does not have Edit Troop Settings privilege (see attached email That is what prompted me to ask the question in the first place.

(Attachment Email from Anton re TroopTrack Renewal Notice Banner.pdf is missing)

Here is the email I referenced in my reply above. In the scheme of things, fixing this is not a high priority (it’s a once a year thing), but you can see from his email that displaying it to members who aren’t expecting it can create some confusion.

Hi @jjeffery,

Okay so I was partially correct. Anyone with the access level of “unit” will also have access to the gear icon and be able to click on “TroopTrack subscription”. Due to this they’ll also get an email reminder about the Troop expiring.

This is because they have the access level of unit, typically this access level is given to a leader, so we allow any leader to be able to pay for a TroopTrack subscription.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack