Allergy safety reports for trips

Allergy safety: Suggestion: we recently had a issue with a child who had a food allergy on a trip. Would it be possible for the “invitees medical book” to have a column added for allergies. This would be linked to the allergies info on the scouts base info page. This way each trip’s leaders could see potential issues.

I like this idea. I was actually coming here to suggest that there be a similar suggestion. I was thinking more about food preferences (vegetarians, vegans, oreo-tarians, very picky eaters) and that somewhat overlaps with food allergies. Whoever is responsible for meals on a trip - be they scouts or leaders - needs to see what they are dealing with for both food preferences and food allergies. I know allergies could be considered protected medical info, but if you’re sending a scout to buy food for a weekend they need to know what allergens to avoid. It would be great if all of this information was pulled into one place based upon who is attending a trip.

1 Like

Yes! We use the notes section to put the allergies in now. It would so helpful to have an allergy report or something that allows us to easily see this. We have kids with life threatening food allergies and this would be so helpful!!

1 Like