Medical Report

Hi @Keener-Trooptrack,

We used to be able to pull a report that had all the girls allergy information on it. It made it super simple to hand off to our events coordinator to make sure we didn’t make anyone sick. We can’t find that anymore. Did it disappear? We realized this year’s hadn’t been handed off when we had an issue with food for a couple of kids. Then when we went to print it, it was no longer there. Is it maybe under something new?

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hi @SRUEDU,

If you click on “manage”, “reports” and then “all reports” you can scroll down to canned reports and print off the “medical report”. This one will have allergy info on it.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

@Keener-Trooptrack THANK YOU!!!

Can you tell me what “privilege” is required to view this report? Ideally, I want my Den Leaders to be able to run it so they can see allergies when planning events. I also want them to be able to see who in their Den has or has not provided a medical form. However, we are not sure they should have access to the entire medical book. We are hoping this function is not tied to the “Manage Medical Book” privilege.

You must have Full Pack level permission, as well as Manage Medical Book.

Can we get that “revisited”? That report is perfect for anyone planning an event that needs to know about allergies. All it lists is the date the Medical forms were submitted plus allergies. It does not have any other information that may be considered personal or sensitive. By putting it under Medical Book and Unit designation, now we have to worry about sensitive information or access to other things a planner does not need to see. I think the that designation takes away the power the report provides.

I just did some testing and the Access Level can be set to Den, however they do need “Manage troop members: Add, edit, or delete troop members” privilege in order to see the Medical Report. They do not have a way to navigate to that report that I could find, I was able to put the URL into the browser and get there, I will let TT Admins know about that navigation issue with Reports, as well as get their feedback as to if that report can be made available without the Manage troop members permission.
Your Troop URL/manage/group_reports/medical_report

Just curious - is allergy information protected by HIPAA?

HIPAA doesn’t apply to Scout Units or individuals just Healthcare providers, some organizations have suggestions or perhaps even rules about keeping electronic Medical Documents however they are not specifically prohibited by HIPAA. You can read all about HIPAA here:

1 Like

Oh thank you for this information!