Can child pages be collapsed or hidden on the public web site?

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to collapse all the child pages of a given page on the public web site? It appears that all of them will have to be shown and they may take a lot of space when there are a large number of child pages.

Also, I wonder if there is a way to create a page without having it listed explicitly, i.e., a hidden page that only gets linked from other pages.

Regards,
Alex

1 Like

Could someone help me out here?

Regards,
Alex

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Unfortunately, the way the public pages are designed doesn’t really allow for a “hidden” page. However, if you would like to free up space and get rid of the list of pages, you can change the view to dropdown menus by going to Manage > Settings > Edit Troop Settings (or Pack Settings, if applicable). On the last tab (webmaster tools), de-select the checkbox that says “Check this box if you want your public and private pages to use a side menu instead of a top menu” and you should be good to go.

1 Like

Hi XiaoboGou,
I added a Request for this exact thing. I don’t like the HIDE the TOC option, for several reasons but especially because the drop down list is so TINY and hard to find!

You can find my request here: Hide Certain Pages from Showing in the Table of Contents/Menu. If more people like it, maybe Troop Track will be more willing to make this change.
-MJ

1 Like

Hi MJ,

Yes, your request is exactly what I’ve been looking for. So thanks for logging it in. And I definitely hope it can be added and made available sooner rather than later!

Regards,
Alex

1 Like