Eagle Progress Report additional Filters

1. Would it be possible to allow the Eagle progress report to allow it to filter certain ranks?
  2. Also to Choose a age range and only get those scouts and filter by closest to 18 to furthest?
1 Like

Hi Jeff,

Would the rank book work for what you are looking for? There you can see requirements and filter by rank.

Achieve > Rank Book

Let me know.

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack

Tyler,

We have many scouts that become adults in the troop and the rank book from what i see only sorts everyone or single individuals. We have always had a path to eagle report for our committee meetings that showed a progressive need. It was done two ways using a rank range and age sort to 18 to make eagle sort. That way we could easily see who might need a nudge if they were getting close.

None of these do this easily. Maybe it’s just me but it isn’t to me.

Jeff

Your eagle report would be the format we’d like to see it in though.

Tyler,

None of the reports or books make this easy for us to do. We really need filtering on the Eagle Progress report to allow us to get the group of scouts to focus on out of it. Is the report written in a way that filter and sorting would be a hard task?

Jeff

Plus the view of the report prior to printing needs to be fixed in troop track with either a slider bar or reformatting to see all fields prior to having to print.

Hi Jeff,

If I understand you correctly you want to quickly be able to see who is the closest to achieving eagle by rank and age.

Would the Rank Book not work for this? The Rank book can not filter by age (no book can filter by age), but it can filter by Patrol and Ranks. For example, you could filter for everyone who has started an Eagle Rank. Then you can sort the Rank Book by amount of missing requirements. Then you could see who has the least amount of missing requirements to eagle to see who is the closest to achieving Eagle.

Or I can talk to our tech team about adding filtering of age and rank to our Eagle Progress Report. Or even just making the columns of the Eagle Progress Report sortable would even suffice I think. But that will be a ways out as our tech team’s to do list is quite long.

Also, on the Eagle Progress Report, you can scroll horizontally by holding the “Shift” key and scrolling. Also there is a scroll bar on the bottom of the table of the report.

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack

The rank book just adds way to many things that rea not needed and doesn’t work for what we need. You need to be able to see it properly in TroopTrack to its just not right in the new platform.

@jteague,

I have added this to our tech team’s to do list:

1. Add filtering to the Eagle Progress Report for age and rank
  2. Or if filtering can not be added to at least make the columns sortable

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack

Hi everyone,

We’ve made the columns within the Eagle Progress report sortable, so you can click on the 18th birthday column and see who’s closest to turning 18. You can also see who has what requirements completed from highest to lowest or lowest to highest, and additions like that.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

David,

Looks Great! How do I get it to let my sort and filter print as a report? Am I missing something? Is there a way to make that window wider so we don’t have to scroll?

I know we always want more…

Jeff

HI @jteague,

So there’s a way to filter it by clicking the green button called “filter” at the top. This will sort by units or individual people, and then there’s up and down arrows on the side of each category like “next rank”, “18th birthday”, etc. This allows you to choose to see who’s closest or furthest from their 18th birthday, or viewing who has the most % completed vs the least %. Below is a screenshot with the filterable buttons highlighted in red.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

I was hoping to use the filter sort to print the reports in that order.