Email Replies Being Sent To Wrong Address

When I push out an email to the unit, in the past if someone replied to that email the recipient was the unit’s email listed in the TroopTrack settings. This is still the “Reply To” email listed in settings as shown in the attached screenshot. Nothing has changed here.

ScreenShot

For some reason, however, this is not happening anymore and instead replies are coming to my personal email, which I do not want to happen. I even tested this out by sending an email from TroopTrack to my personal account and then attempted to reply. When I click on reply, my personal email autofills as the recipient. It should be the unit’s email.

Is there a setting I am missing? Perhaps this is a bug? Any help you can provide will be helpful.

In my experience what you are describing has always been the functionality. The only thing the Reply to e-mail was used for was the Newsletter. Everything else has always come back to whoever sent it. Even event reminders that were replied to would go back to the person who created the event. That is interesting you had different experience. I always thought it should work the way you are describing and remember asking about it long ago but it has never been added as a feature.

Hi @JustinWeaver,

Emails in TroopTrack always go to the email that is on your account. There isn’t an actual TroopTrack email. There’s just a list that can be used to send to multiple email addresses that are on that list.

If you’re wanting replies to go into the TroopTrack system, then when you send an email you’ll need to click on “send replies to all original recipients”. This will then show replies to the emails in the “recent messages” category on TroopTrack.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack