Event accounts being created in Money accounts

For some reason event accounts have been created in money accounts and not sure why this is happening as we do not track money on events. can i delete the account and how do i set it up to not create an event account in money?
When we schedule recurring meetings or events it automatically creates an event money account for each meeting / event, we do not want this to happen any more, if we turn off the allow troop tracks to track your troop finances will this stop it an still let us keep our regular accounts for the scouts or will that stop that also?

Hi @CraigPatterson1,

I just checked with our tech team and they said that there was an issue with the event schedules creating money accounts but that it was fixed back in mid April. Do you know when your troop created that meeting schedule? Recently? Or a month or so ago?

Also, feel free to delete those money accounts. It won’t disrupt anything. They are just null money accounts. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Let me know,
Tyler
TroopTrack

I created the events yesterday.

I would also love to see a date search in the Merit Badge book for the purpose of calculating merit badges done in a certian time frame for reporting to host church on Scout sunday.

Thank you

Craig Patterson

I also recently saw the same behavior, after it was fixed in April. @Tyler

I was able to test and confirm this as well. I have put this on our tech team’s todo list. Seems as though the bug has returned. I will keep this thread updated.

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack

I am still having this issue. I am trying to add new events for the coming year and each event creates a new money account. Today is July 17th, 2020.

Hi @Tyler,
Any update on this?
Thanks!

As of last week i tried to update our meeting schedule and it created an account for each event.

Thank you

Craig Patterson

Hi Mimi and Craig,

This is typically happening when you have no main Event Money Account designated in your group’s settings. If you go to Settings (gear icon) > Online Payments > Then click on “Change” under Payment Defaults. See the image below, does your group have an a main event money account assigned:

Tyler
TroopTrack

Thanks, @Tyler!

I looked there, but I don’t get the “Change” option - or maybe I am blind? Do I need a privilege that I don’t currently have?

Thank you for your help!

This is what I see when I go to Settings > Online Payments.

I had to turn on the payment option to be able to change where the money would go.

Thank you

Craig Patterson

@mwestcott1 , Yes, you will need to enable payments to then be able to direct where money will go. So on your screenshot, click the “Turn On” button to toggle payments on within your troop. Then set the default accounts.

@CraigPatterson1 when you did that did it fix the issue? Or are you still experiencing the problem of creating an event and the system generating event money accounts still?

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack

I think it is fixed now.

Thank you

Craig Patterson

Thanks, @Tyler!

If I temporarily enable payments, then update the setting, and then disable payments, will that resolve the problem?

I definitely do not want to let parents pay event fees online.

Thanks!

I too have this same question we do not allow online payments due to the fees associated to both the unit and the parents, how can I as the treasurer stop having to delete accounts regularly. Its tiering, we do not use troop track for regular banking accounts.

@Tyler

Will @mwestcott1’s suggestion work (enable → fix → disable)? We do not wish to keep this enabled.

Check out my reply on this other thread about the same issue. It is possible the issue could still occur if the event is an old event.

@HeatherFitch,
As a point of clarification, it is possible to use the TT Fees Payment system without using any actual outside payment processing system such as Stripe or PayPal. It basically just becomes a money tracking system where individuals or families can “charge” something to the TT account and then when they come to a meeting and pay by whatever means your unit uses that payment can be entered into their account to balance out the charge. This allows the participants to have a way to see how much they may owe. We even have some individuals who give extra to have a balance so the next event fee comes out of that balance. Here are the settings we use.
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 12.03.35 PM