How to add household to new custom mailing list?

I’m creating a new custom mailing list where I need to have the scout and parents on the list.
We’re a larger troop, and last name of the scout isn’t always 100% easy to map to a parent w/o some means of seeing the established household.

I’ve got ~10 scouts (plus parents) to add out of a troop of about 70 scouts, so it’s a non-trivial amount of scrolling around and double-checking. I was wondering if there was a way to do some filtering of scouts and expansion by household, etc.

Thanks,

Carl Sommer

I devised a different solution for your same issue of same last name. I started inserting the Scout name in parenthesis as part of the Household name, that way I could tell which was which at a glance and didn’t have to go back and forth.

I found it easier to open one tab to let me see scouts, and other to create the list.

I can envision a different means of selection vs the current user interface. Just a simple check ox for the youth that allows parents to be included.

Carl

There is also a setting in TT where parents are automatically copied on any messages to Youth.

1 Like

I found out about that after the fact. We have that setting turned on, so I went back and cleaned up my list.