Is there an issue with PayPal Payments? Communication Problems?

My unit has been telling me that they are having issues with changing their RSVP from possibly going to going. The payment goes through but they do not show as going on the event page. Their name is still on possibly going. This needs fixed please.

I have received a notification from PayPal that states…

"Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

https://ship25bsa.trooptrack.com/plan/event_trackers/24948555

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.
Thanks,
PayPal"

It seems that a recent update may have messed up with how TroopTrack processes PayPal payments. This may be why my unit is having the issues they are having.

Any advice on how to proceed?

A number of other users have brought this to our attention. You are correct - the issue with IPNs was causing our site not to communicate properly with PayPal and therefore not updating the payment status. This was fixed during an update that went out on Thursday of last week, with a product release being posted on Friday: 11 May 2018 Update.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

I don’t believe that it’s fixed. I keep getting email notifications from PayPal about the error. I just received one yesterday. It seems that every time a payment is made, I get that error email. And I also am still having an issue where the person’s name on the event page isn’t updating accordingly from, for example, possibly going to going.

So there still is something wrong going on.

I am still having issues with the PayPal payments and them communicating with Trooptrack.

I just had another family who paid for one member and one guest. It showed correctly on PayPal with the correct payment, but it did not accurately show the signup on TroopTrack. The member was shown as going but the guest is not shown.

This is a continuation of the problem we are having with someone marking themselves as “possibly going” and then going back in later to pay and marking themselves as “going”. The payment goes through but TroopTrack is not accurately recording the change. It still shows them as “Possibly Going”.

There’s a big bug here. Can I please get some help or some answers on the matter?