New Cub Scout Requirements

Thanks. I never saw that.

However, we still need to see old awards when they earn the Arrow of Light for their AOL award. Will this hide them from the badge book and other reports?

Now thatā€™s a question I cant answer! Iā€™m guessing if the scout earned the item, itā€™ll always show up. But thatā€™s just a guess. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m trying to add the AOL Requirement: Outdoorsman (formerly Camper) but I donā€™t find it listed. Iā€™m I missing something?

Munsey

I missed that one when I was publishing the achievements. Should be up soon. Thank you.

1 Like

Itā€™s there now. Thanks Sully!

If we update the signoffs/completion of the new adventure loops / pins, will those remain in tact when you tie them to the rank award?

Our plan is to transfer the signoffs to the new reqs and delete the old rank and the adventures tied to it assuming that the new rank will tied to the new adventures automatically. Would this be ok?

I wouldnā€™t delete anything until the new requirements are tied into the ranks, just to be safe.

Will do. I hate to ask as I know you guys are swamped, but is there a
rough ETA as to when that would be done?

Dave says next week-ish. Hopefully next week.

I designed and manage a relational database for my day job, so I fully appreciate how much work has been heaped on you guys by these changes.

That said, you mentioned before that the Tiger requirements are the last to be updated. As a Tiger Den Leader, any ETA? No pressure, just curious.

They are done. I finished them not long after I said that. Press ā€œStart Achievementā€ and you will find them under Cub Scout Awards.

1 Like

How will the rank requirements calculation on each scout be shown? Will we need to delete the old (2015+) adventure requirements and mark the (2016+) adventure loop to get to the 100% calculation for the rank? Or will the records merge?

4 Likes

A leader of mine noticed a ā€œred flagā€ on the Bear Necessities & Marble Madness adventures for Bear Scouts. The last two requirements for Bear Necessities and the last requirement for Marble Madness are in TroopTrack but optional (also according to BSA they are optional). On the back end it is treating them as optional, but there is no text on the UI stating that to the user. Would it be possible somewhere in the text to put ā€œOPTIONAL:ā€?

It does say that they are optional at the top, but I have no problem adding it over the actual optional requirements. In fact I think that is a very good idea. I will fix those later this morning or this afternoon.

1 Like

@ptemberton,

Okay, I made the changes. Let me know if that looks better or if you find any other requirements that would benefit from a change like this.

Thanks!

Awesome Sully!!! Thank you!!

Patrick

It looks like the optional requirements went away. Was that supposed to happen?

They still appear to be there to me. Which scout are they missing from?

Alex and Jack in Den 1

Thatā€™s strange. I will republish the awards and see if that fixes it.

1 Like