Outdoor Ethics Guide youth leadership position

Please add the Outdoor Ethics Guide position for a youth leadership position for Boy Scouts.

This should be allowed to qualify for rank of Star, Life and Eagle leadership positions.

@melissa will you please look into this? Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @MatthewPodraza

I added the youth leadership position.

Have a wonderful day!

1 Like

Weird, I don’t see it available in the pop-up menu for my unit. Leave No Trace Trainer is there, but the only things under “O” are OA Troop Representative and Other.

Will you please check again?

This screenshot if from your account:

Oh, I see. It shows up in the menu if I try to add a leadership position to an adult. But Outdoor Ethics Guide is a youth position of responsibility. It is not in the menu when I am looking at a Scout’s account.

Oh, I see what you’re saying and you’re right. I have it in the system, but it’s not showing up. I asked about it and it appears a developer will have to put that in so I asked them to go ahead an make that happen.

2 Likes

Hello. I’m having the same issue. Outdoor Ethics is saying it is NOT a position of responsibility that applies to rank.

1 Like

This is still an issue. Outdoor Ethics Guide is a position of leadership in BSA. FYI BSA is now checking Leadership positions for Life Scouts. It is causing a lot of problems for Eagle application verifications at the council.

I am curious why this is causing problems? Perhaps I have not found where this ties into the Rank requirement however I have never seen anything where this Leadership Position ties into the Rank. This is a piece of data for us as leaders to look at and see if a Scout has completed the time frame in a leadership position but does the system automatically award the particular requirement if they have this set? If we know that it is a Troop Position for rank then we see the dates and sign off on the requirement. As to Council checking leadership positions for Life Scouts that has always been on the Eagle Application and the Scout fills that out, is your council then coming to you to verify the data on the Eagle Application? Even beyond that BSA would not recognize anything in TT, so that field showing Yes or No would mean nothing to BSA.