Remove "Maybe" from RSVP or Give Us the Ability to Turn it off

Having the “maybe” section now missing from all events, it is highly confusing when people put “Maybe” then disappear from the event. I propose either:

1. “Maybe” is removed from the system completely. If people don’t answer Yes/No then it’s assumed their answer is maybe anyway.

OR

1. For each event, the event creator can decide if “maybe” should even be an option (when RSVPs really matter, maybe isn’t helpful for headcounts, etc.)

Either way having to go in a manually scroll to find names of those who said “Maybe” is time consuming.

6 Likes

I feel like this has to be a bug now. I just realized that when I put a few of our members has “Maybe” they have disappeared from the event list completely. The Possibly Going section of the RSVPs no longer showing on our event. I’ve always used the Possibly Going as a waitlist for my troop. I would love a wait list feature more than a Possibly going, but Mycrookedcreek is right. If they aren’t going to show up in the event summary, then Maybe needs to be removed from the RSVP options. If it’s just a bug that Possibly Going isn’t available, then I guess we are reporting it as a bug! Thanks TT team!

3 Likes

It’s not a bug. I was told on another thread by admin that the “maybe” section was removed to simplify the event pages :confused:

If “Maybe” isn’t going to be visible then “Possibly Going” should be removed as an option for the RSVP. For our Pack we’ve always included the “Maybes” in our potential head count. If there is no response they aren’t included at all. Making those people disappear just complicates the attendance records. If it isn’t going to be visible then the options should be in or out with no in-between.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly! Thank you for commenting!! Maybe we can get some other comments/support behind this so they’ll fix it one way or the other.

1 Like

Concur. I definitely want to see the Maybe responses listed. In general, I care more about those than the No responses - although my preference is to see both.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Please don’t offer an option if we can see the list of people who selected it. Either don’t offer “maybe” or display those who selected “Maybe.”

3 Likes

Agree! We need to see or remove option. Would honestly prefer removing maybe as an option.

3 Likes

I agree that maybe should.be removed entirely. I never liked it and counted those people as yes anyway for my planning purposes. Don’t let people.pick it and then not let us see who picked it.

3 Likes

I’d prefer to have the maybe option removed completely. Why offer an option if it isn’t visible. Also, I’d rather not wait around for maybe’s to show up.

4 Likes

I totally agree, it is frustrating to not see those on the event page.

2 Likes

Please just remove the “maybe” option

2 Likes

I agree that it’s a huge inconvenience to allow people to pick Possibly Going but then not show that in the response page.

We’ve had more than a few times already when leaders got confused about why certain weren’t invited to an event, only to find out they WERE invited but picked Possibly Going, so disappeared from the event details page!

The Possible/Maybe option has been helpful to have for some of our events, but if it’s easier to just remove the RSVP option than to add the Maybe category back to the events page, if gladly say goodbye to it.

1 Like

We are in the trial period and this could make an impact on whether or not we sign up. If they don’t keep it, I’ll need to use SignUp Genius instead which negates the purpose of using TroopTrack for event planning.

1 Like

If you are not going to give us visibility of who picked Maybe then do not allow Maybe as a choice. I need to be able to see everyone invited to an event and their choices. (Or lack of choice)

2 Likes

Our troop leaders are missing the Maybe option. They are not active on these boards so I am passing along their preference.

We were planning on emphasizing using [the Maybe] option at the Parent Meeting when you are unsure.

When planning, it can be helpful to receive some response - even a tentative one - rather than no response from those who are uncertain.

Hi everyone,

A Troop can now turn on/off the RSVP as “possibly going” for events that don’t require payment.

This setting is automatically turned off. Here’s how to turn it on.

First, click on the gear icon, and “edit Troop settings”.

Then click on “TroopTrack settings” and there under “general settings” the maybe option can be turned on/off.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

2 Likes

this is great that “Possibly Going” is now an optional setting. But it looks like if we turn it on, we still can’t see people who choose Maybe/Possibly (unless we look at Attendance, Enter Attendance/RSVPs). Will a “possibly coming” section be added between the “coming” and “not coming” section of the Event Details page?