Email Save as Draft feature

After creating a new email and using the Save as Draft feature, I cannot locate where the draft email is saved. Please assist how to locate it. Also if I save a draft can another approved user open my draft email and send it?

1 Like

Communicate - Recent Messages

I don’t have Recent Messages in the drop down menu under Communicate. Isn’t that so strange? What can I do? I too clicked Save as Draft so I wouldn’t lose the email I was working on, again, but now I have because it has disappeared and I don’t know where it is saved.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Was this resolved? I have Recent Texts but not Recent Messages in the Communicate drop down menu.

1 Like

Hi @KristyPayne,

In order to see recent messages you’ll need the privilege of “manage Troop members”.

Here’s the page from the user guide on managing privileges.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

I think it is inappropriate to tie the ability to edit a saved draft to the “Manage Troop Members” privilege. I don’t want to give out that privilege to everyone who simply wants to edit their draft email.

4 Likes

OMG. If someone without certain privilege can SAVE a draft, then you need to make it accessible to that person! I just spent an hour drafting an email and now I can NOT find it. That is poor usability. Inappropriate. Don’t make this an option to those who don’t have that priviledge!

4 Likes

I DO have access to recent messages, and can’t find an email I saved two days ago.

Hi @KMessinger196 ,

When saving a draft you must have the email list that it’s going to already selected. Once you click save it will load, and take you to the recent messages screen to show you your saved draft. There will then be a blue bar that says “email saved as draft”.

Did that happen after saving the draft?

If there is a problem saving the email it will say (in red) either “select some recipients” or whatever the reason is for not saving and leave you on the “send an email page”.

If you’re not seeing the draft then you’ll need to re-write it.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

thanks. I may not have had recipients selected yet. That answers that! :slight_smile:

I agree with Jjeffery - why do you give me the option of saving the draft, if I don’t have the ability to retrieve it later? Clicking save as draft was pointless. It is also frustrating that I have the ability to send a message, but not the ability to see the message after it was sent. Everybody who has the authority to send a message, show have access to a mailbox where he/she can review what has been sent, and locate thier drafts. Could you imagine how difficult your work would be if you could only send messages to clients, and never be able to go back and find them? Or save a draft, but not be able to retrieve it? Come on Trooptrack, think of the user!

3 Likes

Hi @Keener-Trooptrack ,

I had similar issues with a saved email as the others are talking about – I DID have recipients checked and it saved fine, but now I can’t get to it. What I don’t understand is also the same: why do I have the option to save a draft when I don’t have the rights to then access that draft? This seems to be a flaw and can easily be remedied by giving everyone the privilege to edit their own emails after saving them as a draft. Why does this option require special privilege?

Thanks,
Diedrich

2 Likes

This is still an issue. I am a non-board member and spent a lengthy amount of time this evening creating an email about our upcoming fundraiser. I saved it as a draft before I sent it just in case something weird happened… and now it’s gone. It did not take me to a place after I saved it where I could continue working on it. Now I’m trying to contact board members at a late hour and no one is responding… this is feature that should be available to every user allowed to send emails.

1 Like

bump. still an issue.

Has this been resolved?? I just worked up TWO emails as drafts and now can not get to them. Please fix this. Either take the draft function away or allow us to get to them.

1 Like

Kelley, you’ll find them in ‘recent messages’. And you have to have at least one recipient listed before you save it. (I usually just put myself in there as a ‘place holder’ until I’m ready to send.)
I hope this helps!

I had done this. It goes back to the issue of permission. My permission level had to be changed before I could see recent messages.

Yep. This just happened to me. I spent 30 minutes drafting what I wanted to say; didn’t want to hit send before I reviewed it with my partner who is helping lead this badge. And now it’s GONE. Why even give me the option of saving as a draft, if I can’t access it!!! ARGH. Now I have to spend even more time trying to remember and recreate what I just wrote. GRRRRR

This still isn’t fixed.

+1. Just had this happen to me. Please remove the “save draft” button for those who won’t be able to access the draft once it is saved.