TroopTrack now interacts with IA2.0 through a upload/download (import/export) system of syncing between TroopTrack and Scoutbook.
Here is how syncing between TT and scoutbook / IA 2.0 currently works.
Syncing from TroopTrack to Scoutbook:
When you are tracking achievements or managing members within TroopTrack, you can sync that work by downloading that data from TT and uploading it into Scoutbook.
We have created a video explaining this process here: Internet Advancement 2.0 Integration Preview
- Go to Achieve > IA 2.0 Advancement Reports
- Create a Report. The report will list all newly recorded advancement data entered into the troop/pack on TroopTrack that is tracked by Scoutbook/IA2.0. By default, all advancements are selected, but feel free to select only the advancements you would like included in the report. Then click Save.
- Download Report. The report will be a TXT file.
- Login to Internet Advancement and upload the file.
- Once the report has been uploaded to IA, you will need to close the report in TroopTrack. Choose the date it was reported. Then click “Save and Mark Achievements as Reported”.
Each of these reports will have a total of 100 awards that can uploaded to ScoutBook. To upload more you’ll need to close out a report, and then create a new one with 100 awards on the new report as well.
Syncing from Scoutbook to TroopTrack:
There are three types of downlaods/exports you can export from scoutbook.com that you can then import into TroopTrack. To get there in Scoutbook go to your Unit page and scroll toward the bottom and there is a Export/Backup option. The exports you can receive from Scoutbook and then import into TroopTrack are:
- Scouts/Members - This downloads all of your scouts member roster information
- Advancement - This downloads all of your scouts advancement information
- Leaders & Parents - This downloads all of your adults member roster information
Once you have any of these files you can submit an import request through the help desk on TT and our support team will upload the scoutbook exports into your troop on TT. To do this you click on Support > Spreadsheet Import/Export and choose the type of import it is. Currently TroopTrack does not have a scoutbook logs import (hours, nights, miles, etc). If you would like to upload hours, nights, and miles, the spreadsheet will need to be formatted as described here.
Hope all of that above makes sense. Let me know if you have any other questions about syncing with Scoutbook.