Import your data instantly from AHG Connect

How It Works

TroopTrack is a preferred vendor with American Heritage Girls, and as such is able to integrate directly with AHG Connect. You can import your data from AHG Connect into TroopTrack in just a couple of seconds!

Hi everyone,

The beginning of the video is a little dated, so I’m just going to update everyone on where the current “Integrate with AHG Connect” is located.

First just click “Manage”:

Then click “Members”:

Then you’ll see “Integrate with AHG Connect” at the very bottom:

Once there everything else works the same.

You’ll also notice, at the end of the video, that our Unit Organization looks a lot more stylish than in the past.

Also when Dave mentions how to re-import data all you need to do is just retrace the steps that I’ve mentioned above.

Thanks ya’ll,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Is there a way to back up TroopTrack before we integrate with AHG Connect? We have not Integrated with AHG Connect in several years due to some specific situations. Those situations have resolved, and the troop was considering integrating with AHG Connect to get current data. If it creates problems- such as duplicate records or altered achievement data, would we be able to reset TroopTrack? If not, what is the best way to preserve the current data in TroopTrack so that we could manually fix it later. What are the advantages and disadvantages of integrating with AHG Connect?

1 Like

The list of records that are being marked to come over from AHG connect is not just the current year information, but the previous year’s people as well. Is there a way to only import currently registered adults, girls and families from AHG Connect?

Same question. The import is bringing in people who are not returning this year. I would rather not have to repeatedly deactivate people.

Also, a related suggestion: With data imports in other programs I have used, it shows me which records will be combined AND gives me opportunity to change the associations before the merge. For example, if the name is slightly different, I can identify which are the same person. Fewer surprises that way. (Genealogy programs do this.)

Note to other users with this question: I imported anyway and found that the deactivated members remained deactivated after the merge.

This is not working for me. Any help would be appreciated!

@PeterSiegel If you can send me an email at support@trooptrack.com with more details, I would be happy to help you out. :slight_smile:

@KelsieC - I just sent the email to you. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

The beginning of the video is a little dated, so I’m just going to update everyone on where the current “Integrate with AHG Connect” is located.

First just click “Manage”:

Then click “Members”:

Then you’ll see “Integrate with AHG Connect” at the very bottom:

Once there everything else works the same.

You’ll also notice, at the end of the video, that our Unit Organization looks a lot more stylish than in the past.

Also when Dave mentions how to re-import data all you need to do is just retrace the steps that I’ve mentioned above.

Thanks ya’ll,

David Keener
TroopTrack

What do we do about duplicate accounts? AHG Connect brought these girls in with their legal names but we had Accounts under Nicknames. Can we merge the records somehow?

@HeatherWard1 What I do in those situations is

1. delete the “legal name girl” that I just imported,
  2. edit the TT name to be identical with the AHGconnect name,
  3. integrate with AHGconnect again [this time it will not make a duplicate since the names match]
  4. safely edit the TT name back to whatever you want it to be, knowing that a “link” has been established between the person in TT and in AHGconnect and so, going forward, the system will see it as the same person, even though the names are different.

We have already been entering our girls into TT. If we import from AHG Connect now, will we get duplicate girl accounts for the ones already entered into TT?

Thanks!

Hi @HeatherD2003,

If the name matches the name in AHG connect then it won’t be duplicated on TroopTrack. It has to exactly match.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

1 Like

I’m assuming that importing is not available during the trial period? At least there is no “member” section in my currently. We’re considering purchasing a subscription but I’m trying to see how it will all work and since I cannot import any members I’m having trouble doing that. Suggestions?

Hi @ChristianaBrogan,

You can import users by clicking on “manage”, “members” and “integrate with AHG connect”.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

When I click on “manage” there is no “members”… I’m attaching a screen shot of what I have showing

It would appear you do not have Permissions to edit the members. Double check with other admins within your group to make sure you have full permissions.

1 Like

I am the ONLY person on our group. I’m also the Troop Coordinator on AHGConnect. I created the troop page on TroopTrack since I had used it with our previous troop and wanted to bring it to our new one so I’m not sure who else could possibly have admin rights?

Hi @ChristianaBrogan,

I’ve added all the privileges to your profile.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

1 Like