Request and validate imports instantly

It’s easier to request imports into TroopTrack! Start by going to Support > Spreadsheet Import/Export. This is a new, somewhat experimental, feature. If it proves useful we plan to expand on it.

Use It

First, upload your spreadsheet and specify the type of import. When you submit the request, your spreadsheet will be instantly validated. If there are any errors, the page will reload with messages of what the errors were so that you can fix your spreadsheet. If there are no errors, a new helpdesk ticket will be created with your attachement and the type of import so that we can import the file for you.

Your spreadsheet has to be in .csv format (comma-separated values).

The types of imports available are:

Future Plans

If this feature works as well as we hope, then in the future the import will happen instantly, so you’ll be able to perform your own imports any time you wish!

3 Likes

What I really want to be able to import is boy scout merit badge completion reports from camps, events, etc.

You’ll probably be able to do that next week. I just finished building importers for Merit Badges and Ranks today. :slight_smile:

We’ve got a Merit Badge importer now! I’ve linked to it in the list of importers above.

I would love to be able to import calendar events! We plan a year in advance and it is somewhat painful to enter each event manually…taking hours. Is this possible?

This has been requested in the past on other threads. The calendar is not just a calendar but a way to view all of the events and they contain much more information that just date, time, and description. There are so many components to an Event it would make for a very cumbersome import and a whole lot of validation. The other importers talked about on this page have much more static data and are specific to individuals.

One way I have found to help with this task is to have my laptop at the calendar planning meeting and enter items as they are decided upon. I typically put in generic Camping Weekend or Service Project descriptions as a place holder then as we get closer to the event update with the specific data.

Scouts BSA Units, Check out the 9/20/19 Product Update, the Importers Boy Scout Ranks and Merit Badges has been removed, now you can request an import of ScoutBook data.

Is this still valid? If so, what is an ETA for TroopTrack to import the file for us?

It is still valid, this time of year is typically very busy and @dave said they recently lost one of their staff members, they are a small company, so any member moving on creates a lot for others to fill in for. I would imagine at this time it could take a week or more to get through all of the import requests. Get it in the queue and it will get processed.